These vegan cookies are the best! We use them at our stands as an allergy free, delicious snack to draw people in to see us – we’ve been asked how to buy them more times than we can count! Adapted from a Minimalist Baker recipe, we sometimes add dark chocolate as a decoration if we can find soya and dairy free chocolate.
120g coconut oil
100g unrefined cane sugar
55g unrefined brown sugar
68g pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
259g Doves Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsps dairy-free milk (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut oil, sugars, and pumpkin and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir gently, then add to the wet ingredients in small increments while blending.
- If the dough is clumpy, add 1-2 tsp dairy-free milk and mix once more until a dough is formed. Only add enough dairy-free milk to form a dough!
- Then using your hands, gather some of the dough together, and shape into a long cylinder shape around 3cm in diameter. Carefully wrap the cylinder in clingfilm, and put into the freezer.
- Repeat for all the mix, and leave them to harden for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the freezer, put onto a chopping board and peel off the clingfilm.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cylinder to make cookies, about half a centimetre thick. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes at 175 C, or until slightly risen and very, very lightly golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes until they harden, then transfer to a cooling rack or plate!
Repeat, eat, and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, check out the minimalistbaker.com!